Our team of national Medicare fraud defense lawyers is dedicated to defending providers and suppliers suspected of Medicare fraud. They have significant experience in health care fraud investigations, regulatory compliance, audits, and civil and criminal Medicare fraud actions. In fact, our team includes a former Deputy Attorney General for the Medicaid Fraud Control Unit (MFCU) who prosecuted health care fraud cases.
We have built our team of national Medicare fraud defense lawyers to represent individuals all across the U.S. who accused of fraud , through offices in Troy, Michigan; and Miami and Sarasota, Florida. Our clients include physicians, chiropractors, pharmacists, home health agencies, urgent care centers and behavioral health facilities.
Some of our current and recent Medicare fraud cases include:
- Several home health agencies: Alleged to have committed Medicare Fraud for improper referrals, performing services outside the plan of care, not having proper authorizations, and not having proper re-certifications.
- Behavioral services agencies: Alleged to have committed Medicare fraud for failure to use the proper CPT code resulting in allegations of fraudulent billing.
- Compound pharmacies: We currently defend several individuals in multiple areas regarding compounding pharmacies. Generally, the allegation is that the pharmacy is “mining” patients through the use of a call center boiler room and the patients have no legitimate medical need for the compound, or the allegation is the compound serves no legitimate medical purpose and is no better than an over the counter medication or less expensive script.
- Several physicians: Charged with receiving remuneration of referring patients and for approving plans of care that were not medically necessary.
- Medical directors: Alleged to have committed Medicare fraud for receiving a salary or other payment, as well as referring patients to the program they currently work as the medical director.